Roberta Beary identifies as gender-expansive, and writes to connect with the disenfranchised, to let them know they are not alone. Her work appears in Rattle, 100 Word Story, Cultural Weekly, and The New York Times. Her short poem collection, The Unworn Necklace, received a finalist award from Poetry Society of America. Her prose poem collection, Deflection, was named a National Poetry Month Best Pick by Washington Independent Review of Books. She lives in County Mayo, Ireland with her husband Frank Stella.
Roberta has been featured in "Haiku in English: THE FIRST HUNDRED YEARS"
You can buy a copy here
Awards and Recognition
- Co-Winner, Snapshot Press Book Award (2019)
- Finalist, Touchstone Distinguished Book Awards (2016)
- Finalist, Eric Hoffer Book Awards (2016)
- Winner, Haiku Society of America Book Award (2014, 2007-2009)
- Finalist, Poetry Society of America Book Award (2008)
- Winner, Snapshot Press Book Award (2006)